Tuesday, February 10, 2009

LinkedIn: I'm going in...

I've stuck my big toe into LinkedIn this week. Wow! Thank the powers that be for that site. For someone like myself who had lost contact with so many good connections during my eight years at home, LinkedIn is a real godsend. I've only begun the first basic steps of participating - filling out a preliminary profile, etc.. but I can see all the potential. It's huge!

The GROUPS section looks really promising. Every niche you can think of is in there and for the most part, their members look like they are actively participating with regular frequency.

I've only just begun, but the site has really made it easy to reach out to those I used to work with. This will definitely be a post topic "To be continued..."

3 comments:

  1. Linked-In is a phenomenal tool for keeping in touch with coworkers after you stop interacting with them on a daily basis. When you're looking for a new career, having a few contacts just a couple of clicks away will be absolutely essential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monica,
    I was a student at Becky's class during the summer quarter. If you are new with Linkedin, I'd like to suggest the reading of a very useful post by Amber Naslund

    http://altitudebranding.com/2009/02/the-social-media-starter-kit-linkedin/

    Enjoy your reading!
    Nicoletta
    http://blogginaroundtheworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nicoletta. Amber is a great gal with lots of good insight. :)

    Glad you are digging into LinkedIn; I think you will find it very useful! I would recommend supplementing it with Facebook, as you get different types of networks with each application.

    ReplyDelete